Dark Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts/Opinions

+2
Qziw
Kroaker
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts/Opinions Empty Thoughts/Opinions

Post by Lyudda03 Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 am

I would love to get some of y'alls input on this. I posted a thread in the forums about it but some, if not most of you, do not look at the forum. Here's what I posted:

I have found myself upgrading as little as possible when I found out how increasing your might prematurely would greatly affect your fun with raiding. Sadly, I found this out after my might was already too high for my heroes levels. Thus, raiding has always been a struggle.

So I began thinking. Though yes this game is mostly about raiding others (opinions will differ on this), I think that I would gain more EXP through concentrating just on dungeons and HBM. I'm seriously contemplating picking back up with upgrading my base. This will throw me into very dangerous territory with much stronger opponents. Thus, raiding will come to a stand still for me. But HBM will become easier and the extra shards would help so much towards my heroes abilities.

I've also figured that even at my point (might is at 11,200), I face opponents with lvl 100+ legendary heroes already. So even if I did increase my might, my heroes will still be gaining EXP and levels. Thus, I should eventually come to a point in the game where my heroes are strong enough to take on most bases, regardless of my might.

Since I know someone may want to ask me this: the thing I want to be able to do best/most in this game is raiding. There's nothing more pleasing and beautiful than to sit back and watch my heroes/troops demolish a base. Yet I am willing to work on my base and heroes and lay off of the raiding till I hit the stagnant point that I mentioned above.

So do you guys think I should not worry about my might level and push on with my base or what?

Thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated. If you agree or disagree with my upgrading my base further, please provide an explanation as to why you think what you think.

Lyudda03

Back to top Go down

Thoughts/Opinions Empty Re: Thoughts/Opinions

Post by Kroaker Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 am

I'm kind of in this position already. My might is nearly 11000, but my heroes aren't as strong as yours, so it's pretty much the situation you will find yourself in.

Right now, I do get most of my exp from HBM and dungeons, because consistently getting exp from raiding is difficult and time consuming. Most of the bases presented by the computer for raiding are very close to mine, and almost always with heroes as strong or stronger than me. I find myself having to press the old 'next' button many, many times before I find a base I can think about attacking just with heroes, and the rest are either impossible or would take all of my troops and magic to beat (so I'd be waiting upwards of half an hour between raids).

And yet...I still manage to level my heroes and make my quota for gem dailies. Not as fast as low-might setups, but that's a totally different approach to the game (and one that needs lots of luck/gems at the start). All I can say is that I'm pretty sure I enjoy the game as much as anyone else!

Kroaker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Qziw Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:04 pm

If you are already seeing 100+ legendaries every raid, might as well focus on the dungeons and HBM since higher levels give tons of exp. it gets to a point where it takes 100k exp to level your heroes and raiding doesn't really cut it

Qziw

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt244 Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Use smurf for gold. Dungeons n hbm for exp. I barely raid anyone anymore because I don't feel like waiting for my Heros n griffons to come back. Barely get any gold raiding at 11000 anyway

Matt244

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyudda03 Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys Smile I think I'll just level up my arrow towers to lvl 8 (only 10 extra might per extra level) and my hero bases (1 might per level). And yea my smurf is the only reason my towers and walls are such high levels lol hard to find decent resources on anyone anymore

Lyudda03

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt244 Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Ye I have a smurf in the making to max all my walls soon

Matt244

Back to top Go down

Post by Qziw Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm

How much gold can you out of smurf though?

Qziw

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyudda03 Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:54 pm

It depends on how much gold your smurf is holding. You want to have at least 500k since revenging someone/choosing to attack them from the leaderboards cuts the available loot down from 25% to 5%. So with 500k, you'll only be getting 25k from your smurf.

Lyudda03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroaker Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 am

Matt, I don't know about you but I'm finding gold is easier than ever to get...Provided you can bear to lose a few hundred HB a day.

I get most of my gold from guerrilla tactics - drop Druid next to a vault, get the gold, quit. I usually pop TG in there as well, and the number of bases with vulnerable vaults is high thanks to HBM layouts.

It is a bit wasteful of HB, but I can usually get a million gold in a couple of hours, and that's against some very strong bases with decent heroes.

Kroaker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgePudge Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Yes I have started to do the same as Kroaker but attacking the gold mines too. You can tell how much is in them by looking at the mana mills (providing they are a similar level) and decide whether it's worth it. Also, the higher your arena rank, the more HB you lose for each failed attack so bear that in mind.

GeorgePudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Achromatism Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:50 am

I am having no trouble with gold lately, now that my walls are all maxed out. Besides upgrading my towers, I have no use for gold. I raid my smurf daily to get the gems achievement, then proceed burn those gold on using magic to 100% easy opponents on my main. I don't know if it is just me, but opponents whom I can easily 100% usually only get me less than 10k gold.

FYI, my smurf can currently hold 1.15 million gold, so I easily get 60k gold per raid.

Achromatism

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum